The materials contained in the International Work Group on Death, Dying and Bereavement (“IWG”) web site is provided by the International Work Group on Death, Dying and Bereavement and may be used for informational purposes only. The information contained in this site is copyrighted and may not be distributed, modified, reproduced in whole or in part without the prior written permission of the International Work Group on Death, Dying and Bereavement.
The International Work Group on Death, Dying and Bereavement (IWG) respects your privacy and is committed to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles. The Australian Privacy Principles are contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and subsequent amendments at: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-act/the-privacy-act, which regulates how organisations handle personal information.
2. What is Personal Information?
‘Personal information’ is any information, or an opinion, which can identify a person and may include a person’s name, address, telephone number, email address and profession/occupation. If the information we collect personally identifies you or you are reasonably identified from it, the information will be considered personal information.
3. What types of personal information does IWG collect?
IWG may collect the following types of personal information about you:
• Contact details (including name mailing or street address, email address, telephone number and fax number)
• Personal details (including age or date of birth, gender)
• Profession, occupation or job title
• Credit card details or bank account details
• Details of the products or services you have enquired aaccessed or purchased
• Information you provide to our office through surveys or communication with our representatives
• Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our website or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise.
• The IWG will always collect personal information in a lawful and fair manner.
When you look at our website please be aware that our Internet Service Provider makes a record of your visit and logs information about it. This is the usual practice for an Internet Service Provider. This information may include but is not limited to:
• Your server address
• Your top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au etc)
• The date and time of your visit to the site
• The pages you accessed and documents downloaded
• The previous site you have visited
• The type of browser you are using
4. How does IWG collect personal information?
IWG may collect personal information from you when:
• You complete a form or an application online or in hard copy
• You contact us via email or phone
• You attend an IWG event.
4.1 Website usage and cookies
A cookie does not identify an individual personally, but it does identify computers. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance.
We may log your IP addresses, that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet, to analyse trends, administer the website, track user’s movements and gather broad demographic information. This information does not identify you personally.
5. Why do we collect personal information and how we may use it?
The IWG only collects personal information to the extent necessary to enable us to carry out our activities and functions. We collect, hold and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
• To provide services, events or information to you
• To let you know about our events and programs
• To answer your enquiries or provide you with advice or send you information
• To provide you with access to protected areas of our website and/or to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operations of the website
• To update our records and keep your contact details up to date
• For the administrative, planning, product or service development and quality control purposes of IWG
• To process and respond to any complaint made by you
• To conduct business processing functions, including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers, or other third parties
• To comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country.
6. Marketing communications
Where we use your personal information to send you marketing and promotional information by post, email or telephone, we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of receiving such information in the future. You may also contact us to remove any previous consent you provided to receive marketing communications from us. By electing not to opt out, or contact us to withdraw your consent, we will assume that we have your consent to receive marketing communications in the future.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, please contact us via email email@example.com
7. What happens if you choose not to provide some personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
• We may not be able to provide you with information about events, services or products that you may want
• We may not be able to provide the requested services, events or products to you, either to the same standard or at all
• We may be unable to tailor the content of our website to your preferences.
• Where practical, you will be given the opportunity to engage with us on an anonymous basis or using a pseudonym.
8. To whom do we disclose your personal information?
IWG may disclose your personal information to:
External support services: to service providers, for the purpose of conducting our business, providing services or events to you or fulfilling requests made by you.
Contractors, suppliers and other third parties: with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes.
Where IWG does disclose your personal information, it will take steps to ensure that the third parties:
• Comply with the Australian Privacy Principles when they handle your personal information; or
• Are authorized only to use your personal information in order to provide the services or to perform the function required of IWG.
• We will not disclose your personal information for any other purpose unless we have your consent, or that you would reasonably expect us to disclose your personal information for that purpose or it is permitted by law.
9. Disclosure overseas
IWG may disclose personal information to third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. IWG takes reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information. We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia such as data hosting providers, IT administrators, cloud-based information technology service providers and other information technology service providers.
10. Is your personal information stored safely?
IWG take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse or loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information either in electronic or hardcopy form.
As our website is linked to the Internet, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted whilst being transmitted over the Internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third-party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third-party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
11. How do I access, correct or update your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us by mail, email or phone. Please see the details listed in the ‘contact us’ section below. We will deal with your request to provide access to your personal information within a reasonable time frame.
Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is out of date, incomplete or inaccurate, then IWG will take reasonable steps to correct its records. There may be instances where we are unable to correct the personal information. If that happens we will give you written reasons for the refusal.
12. Storage of Collected Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When Credit Card details are collected, we simply pass them on in order to be processed as required. We never permanently store complete Credit Card details.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
If you have any questions about security on our Website, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Access to Collected Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by contacting us via email.
If you purchase a product or service from us, we may request certain personally identifiable information from you. You may be required to provide contact information (such as name, Email, and postal address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date).
We use this information for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
The International Work Group on Death, Dying and Bereavement uses personally identifiable information for essential communications, such as Emails, accounts information, and critical service details. If at any time a customer wishes not to receive such correspondence, they can request to be removed from any mailing lists by contacting us via email. You will be notified when your personal information is collected by any third party that is not our agent/service provider, so you can make an informed choice as to whether or not to share your information with that party.
16. Third Parties
The IWG may at its discretion use other third parties to provide essential services on our site or for our business processes. We may share your details as necessary for the third party to provide that service. These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose. IWG does not share any information with third parties for any unknown or unrelated uses. We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside the IWG without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website.
The International Work Group on Death, Dying and Bereavement makes no representation whatsoever regarding the content of any other web sites which you may access from the IWG web site. When you access a non-IWG website, please understand that it is independent from the IWG and that the IWG has no control over the content on that web site. A link to a non-IWG web site does not mean that the IWG endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or use of such website. The International Work Group on Death, Dying and Bereavement (IWG) accepts no responsibility for the content on external sites. External links are presented without warranty, express or implied.
Links on the IWG site to external entities are not covered within this policy. The terms and conditions set out in this privacy statement only cover the domain name of www.iwgddb.com.
20. How do I complain?
If you would like to make a complaint regarding our privacy practices or the manner in which we handle your personal information, please contact us via email (email@example.com). We will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your request or complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
21. Contacting us
International Work Group on Death, Dying and Bereavement
C/- Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement
253 Wellington Road
Mulgrave, VIC 3170
Phone: +61 3 9265 2100
IWG Security Policy
The IWG uses the Stripe Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions. Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. To accomplish this, Stripe make use of best-in-class security tools and practices to maintain a high level of security at Stripe.
Payments are fully automated with an immediate response. Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by the IWG or any outside party. All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate.
After paying for a product online you will immediately receive an email confirmation from the International Work Group on Death, Dying and Bereavement containing your order details (if you have provided your email address). We will normally confirm receipt of your order within a few minutes of ordering. If you wish to query a delivery, please contact us via email.
This site is Copyright © International Work Group on Death, Dying and Bereavement (IWG)
All information on this site is solely for the purposes of reference by interested visitors. Information may be cited only with prior written permission and proper attribution.
© 2018 International Work Group on Death, Dying and Bereavement (IWG)