The 30th meeting of the International Work Group on Death, Dying and Bereavement took place at King’s University College in London, Ontario, Canada from June 24th to 29th 2018. This was the site of the 1986 and 1993 IWG meetings which were hosted by Jack Morgan. This site has particular historical, sentimental and spiritual significance for many member of the IWG and in a sense serves as a collective ‘linking object’ for the organisation.
The meeting took place at Ivey Spencer (Hall) Leadership Centre, which is a well appointed conference facility located on beautiful grounds, surrounded by scenic walking trails.
The following Work Groups were established:
- Spiritual aspects of bereavement
- Cost-effectiveness, evaluative procedures in grief and bereavement
- Child and Adolescence
- Palliative Care Settings Grief and Bereavement
- Decision-making for People Who Lack Capacity
- Compassion, Sociology of Death, Dying and Bereavement
- Family Grief
- Psychotherapy, Complicated Grief & Body-mind
- Asylum – Refugees
- The impact of trauma on us/Post-Traumatic Growth
- Public Health / Health Promotion and Social Isolation